Dr Surinder Tandon is an International Textile Consultant (Process and Product Innovation & Commercialisation) after serving as Senior Scientist in at Wool Research Organisation of New Zealand (WRONZ) /AgResearch Ltd, Lincoln, New Zealand, where he had worked for 27 years. He has PhD from Leeds University, M.Tech from IIT Delhi and B.Text (Honours) in Textile Technology from TIT Bhiwani. He has worked on wool textile R&D and technology transfer for commercialisation with several textile companies, research organisations and educational institutions worldwide. He has over 70 publications in refereed journals, conference proceedings, and technical reports, and has done presentations at several international conferences and symposiums.
Membership, Honours & Awards
- Member of the International Council of the Textile Institute (UK)
- Fellow of the Textile Institute (UK)
- Member, Editorial Panel, Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of the Textile Association (India)
- Member of the Textile Institute (New Zealand Section) since 1990.
- MNZM (Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit), Queen's Birthday Honours, June 2014, for services to textile industry and community.
- Member of the New Zealand-Japan Textile Research Group.
- Chairman of The Textile Institute (NZ Section). 2004-2007
- Institute Medal awarded at the 88th Textile Institute World Conference in Malaysia in May 2012
- Winner of the Inaugural International Product Innovation & Commercialisation Award, the Textile Institute (UK), World Conference, Hong Kong, 2008
- Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary International)
Dr. Surinder Tandon LinkedIn